We offer a 14-day/40 KM return policy on all items purchased through Bird. You have a good two weeks or 40 km to try your bicycle – whichever comes first. If you are not happy, you can return your bike to us free of charge, with the exception of return shipping costs, which would be charged to you. If the item is deemed acceptable for return, Bird Australia will refund the amount paid. If you would like to make use of the 14 day return policy please fill out this form and follow the instructions set out. Refunds take approximately 14 business days after we have received your return shipment.
Please note that whilst all orders are delivered with free shipping, you will be charged a flat fee of $75 for returning the Bird bike to us. If a refund is approved, you will be refunded the amount paid minus the original shipping cost
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging to simplify return shipment and avoid double packing.
When you receive the Bird bike you’ve purchased online, we encourage you to test ride it on a sealed surface like bitumen or concrete. We do ask that this is done carefully so the bike can be returned in “as new” condition. If the bike is not right for you, we’ll be happy to arrange for a courier to collect it and then issue a refund for you or exchange it in case the size might not be right for you. You’ll receive a consignment note and you can schedule a pick-up on a date that best suits you (between Monday – Friday) to facilitate your return.,
The following terms & conditions apply to our 14 day return policy:
- Our 14 Day/40KM return policy is available on all Bird bikes. This period commences from the day your product is delivered. You must then inform us by filling out the return form of your intention to return within 14 days of this date.
- Please inform our Customer Service team immediately if your bike was damaged on arrival. You can do this by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
- You are free to unpack and assemble the bike for sizing and inspection, and then carefully test-ride on a sealed surface like bitumen or concrete. We will not accept change of mind returns on bikes that have been ridden off-road or if there is evidence of wear and tear from use. Bikes that are not returned in “as new” condition will attract repair fees, discounts for damage or, in case of material damage, may be refused a refund.
- Damage caused from improper use, abuse of the policy or incorrect assembly will be repaired and charged for. You will be advised of these charges before a refund is issued.
- If you opted to have the bike delivered to your address and you choose to proceed with a return, we will organise a courier for you to collect the bike. We will liaise with you to organise an appropriate pick up day. Should you miss this agreed collection, a $25 futile pickup fee may be charged.
- We will only accept the return if the bike is carefully packaged in the same original packaging used to deliver the bike to you. This includes the protective padding and cardboard around the frame, wheels and components. If the bike incurs damage during return transit due to inadequate packaging by the customer, Bird Bikes reserves the right to charge the cost of replacement of the damaged part or component.
- Refunds will be authorised once our mechanic has inspected the returned bike. Please be aware this process can take up to 5 business days once the bike is received at our store. Returns dropped off at our store(s) will be processed within 48 hours, unless the return needs to be escalated to our Customer Support Team. Please allow processing time for the funds to appear back into your account.
- Refunds will be issued as soon as the bike has received approval from our mechanic. Should the bike fail inspection, you will be contacted about why the terms & conditions have not been met and should any fees apply.
- The refund paid to you will be for the bike or accessory only. The shipping costs for returning the bike might be charged separately.
- We will accept the return of a built bike if you take it to one of our stores. The requirement for the bike to be in “as new” condition remains.
- Our 14 Day/40KM return policy only applies to orders placed through the Bird website or at one of our Bird brand stores. Orders purchased through one of our resellers are subject to the reseller’s individual return policy.